Seismology and Inverse Methods
Office: 105 Noble Research Center
Peer Reviewed Archival Journal Articles:
* Corresponding author **Special Publication
• Jaiswal P. *, P. Dewangan, T. Ramprasad, and C.A. Zelt, 2012. Seismic characterization of hydrates in faulted, fine-grained sediments of Krishna-Godavari Basin: Full Waveform Inversion: Journal of Geophysical Research – Solid Earth, 117, B10305, doi:10.1029/2012JB009201
• Jaiswal P. *, P. Dewangan, T. Ramprasad, and C.A. Zelt, 2012. Seismic characterization of hydrates in faulted, fine-grained sediments of Krishna-Godavari basin: Unified Imaging: Journal of Geophysical Research – Solid Earth, 117, B04306, doi: 10.1029/2011JB009024.
• Woldearegay, A., P. Jaiswal*, A. Simms, H. Alexander, L.C. Bement, and B. J. Carter, 2012. Near-Surface Imaging With Combined First-Arrival Traveltime Inversion and Pre-Stack Depth Migration: Bull Creek Drainage System, Oklahoma: Geophysics, 77, B87 doi:10.1190/geo2011-0218.1
• Dewangan P. *, G. Sriram, T. Ramprasad, M.V. Ramana, and P. Jaiswal, 2011. Fault controlled focused fluid flow at site NGHP-01-10, Krishna-Godavari Basin, Bay of Bengal, India: Marine and Petroleum Geology, 28, 1899 – 1914, doi: 10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2011.03.009
• Jaiswal, P. *, C.A. Zelt, A.W. Bally, and R. Dasgupta, 2009. Seismic imaging of the Naga Thrust using multiscale waveform inversion: Geophysics (Special Publication on Inverse Methods), 74 (6), WCC23-WCC34, doi:10.1190/1.3158602**
• Jaiswal, P. *, and C.A. Zelt, 2008. Unified Imaging of Multichannel Seismic Data: Combining Traveltime Inversion and Pre-Stack Depth Migration: Geophysics (Special Publication on Velocity Model Building for Depth Migration), 73, doi:10.1190/1.2957761**
• Jaiswal, P. *, C.A. Zelt, A.W. Bally, and R. Dasgupta, 2008. 2-D traveltime and waveform inversion for improved seismic imaging: Naga Thrust and Fold Belt, India, Geophysical Journal International, 173, 642–658, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2007.03691.x
• Jaiswal, P. *, C.A. Zelt, and I.A. Pecher, 2006. Seismic Characterization of a Gas Hydrate System in the Gulf of Mexico Using Wide-Aperture Data, Geophysical Journal International, 165, 108-120, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-246X.2006.02869.x
Singh, Y., R. R. Nair, H. Singh, P. Datta, P. Jaiswal, P. Dewangan, and T. Ramaprasad (2016), Prediction of gas hydrate saturation throughout the seismic section in Krishna Godavari basin using multivariate linear regression and multi-layer feed forward neural network approach, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, 9(5), 1-10. DOI: 10.1007/s12517-016-2434-6
Arauza, H. M., A. R. Simms, L. C. Bement, B. J. Carter, T. Conley, A. Woldergauy, W. C. Johnson, and P. Jaiswal (2016), Geomorphic and sedimentary responses of the Bull Creek Valley (Southern High Plains, USA) to Pleistocene and Holocene environmental change, Quaternary Research, 85(1), 118-132. DOI: 10.1016/j.yqres.2015.11.006
Aghayan, A., P. Jaiswal, and H. R. Siahkoohi (2016), Seismic denoising using the redundant lifting scheme, Geophysics, 81(3), V249-V260. DOI: 10.1190/geo2015-0601.1
* Burberry, C., B. Michael and P. Jaiswal, 2D visualization of the Naga Thrust Triangle Zone, North-east India, using structural modeling of 2D seismic data, GSA Annual Meeting & Exposition, Charlotte (USA), abstract accepted, 2012
* Varacchi B., P. Jaiswal, and J. Dvorkin, Elastic properties of mudrock, 82nd SEG Annual Meeting, Las Vegas (USA), abstract accepted, 2012
* Woldearegay, A., P. Jaiswal, and A. Simms Seismic characterization of near-surface drainage pattern: Bull Creek, Oklahoma, 81st SEG Annual Meeting, San Antonio (USA), Expanded Abstracts 30, 2639-2643, 2011.
* Jaiswal P. and CA Zelt, Frequency Domain Full-Waveform Inversion in Imaging Thrust Related Features, AGU Fall Meeting, Expanded Abstract, S42A-07, San Francisco (USA), 2010.
* Jaiswal P., C.A. Zelt, R. Dasgupta, K.K. Nath, Multiscale Imaging of a Thrust Belt, 72nd EAGE Conference and Exhibition, Barcelona (Spain), Expanded Abstracts, P386, 2010.
* Jaiswal P. and R. Dasgupta, Imaging of 2-D multichannel land seismic data using an iterative inversion-migration scheme, Naga Thrust and Fold Belt, Assam, India, EGU General Assembly, Vienna (Austria), Expanded Abstracts 12, EGU2010-377, 2010
* Dewangan, P., P. Jaiswal, T. Ramprasad, et al., Gas Hydrates in the Krishna-Godavari Basin, East Coast India, 71th EAGE Conference and Exhibition, Amsterdam (Netherland), Expanded Abstracts, Z022, 2009.
* Jaiswal P., C.A. Zelt, and R. Dasgupta, Near-surface imaging with traveltime and waveform inversion, 78th SEG Annual Meeting, Las Vegas (USA), Expanded Abstracts 27, 1865-1869, 2008.
* Jaiswal P. and C.A. Zelt, Towards a Unified Imaging Procedure for 2-D Land Multichannel Seismic Data, 70th EAGE Conference and Exhibition, Rome (Italy), Expanded Abstracts, P167, 2008.
* P. Jaiswal and C. A. Zelt, 2D waveform and traveltime inversion for seismic imaging of the Naga thrust fault, India, 77th SEG Annual Meeting, San Antonio (USA), Expanded Abstracts 26, 1755-1759, 2007.
* Jaiswal P., C.A. Zelt, and R. Dasgupta, Traveltime And Full-Waveform Inversion For Improved Seismic Imaging In Geologically Complex Areas, 69th EAGE Conference and Exhibition, London (England), Expanded Abstracts, CO32, 2007.
* Jaiswal P., C.A. Zelt, and R. Dasgupta, Velocity modeling of Naga Thrust, Northeast India, 68th EAGE Conference and Exhibition, Vienna (Austria), Expanded Abstracts, P166, 2007.
* Dasgupta, R., P. K. Singh, T. Bhattacharya, and P. Jaiswal, Possible gas hydrates without distinctive BSR - A case study, 76th SEG Annual Meeting, New Orleans (USA), Expanded Abstracts 25, 676-679, 2006.
Invited Technical Presentation
* Seismic rock-physics modeling of the Woodford: Geophysical Society of Oklahoma City (GSOC), Oklahoma City, March 26, 2012.
* Near-surface investigations using waveform tomography: 25th Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society (SAGEEP) Meeting, Tuscon, March 24, 2012.
* Gas-hydrate imaging and quantification in fractured sediments: Gordon Research Conference, Ventura Beach (USA), March 20, 2012.
* Seismic rock-physics modeling of shale: Tulsa Geophysical Society (TGS), Tulsa, March 7, 2012
* Seismic imaging using full waveform inversion: University of Nebraska, Lincon, January 20, 2012
* Gas Hydrate Imaging with Traveltime and Waveform Inversion: International Conference on Gas Hydrate (ICGH), Edinburgh (UK), July 19, 2011.
* Inverse methods for imaging complex geological structures: ExxonMobil Corp., Houston, July 1, 2011
* Inversion based imaging: Geophysical Society of Oklahoma City (GSOC), Oklahoma City, January 11, 2010.
* Gas Hydrate - Resource or Hazard: University of Texas, El Paso, October 14, 2010.
* Seismic imaging using a composite Inversion/Migration method: Unitat De Tecnologia Marina - Cmima, Barcelona, Spain, June 29, 2010
* Seismic imaging using a composite Inversion/Migration method: Institut Francais du Petrole (IFP), Rueil Malmaison, France, December 10, 2009
* Gas Hydrates in the Krishna-Godavari Basin, East Coast India: ILP Joint Task Force Meeting, Clermont-Ferrand (France), October 7, 2009.
Back to Faculty Home Page