Boone Pickens Chair, Regents Chair
Office: 303AF Noble Research Center
Service and Outreach
• Member of Editorial Board, International Geology Review, Since 2013.
• Chairman, External Reviewer Panel, Department of Geology, University of Pretoria, South Africa, June 2011.
• Leader, NSF-On the Cutting Edge, Using GIS and Remote Sensing to teach Geoscience in the 21st Century, August 2010.
• Journal of African Earth Sciences Associate Editor, Since 2008.
• NSF Panelist, January 2008.
• Leader, NSF-On the Cutting Edge, Preparing for an Academic Career in the Geosciences: Workshop for Graduate Students and Post-Doctoral Fellows, August 2004.
• President, Geological Society of Africa, 2001 – 2004.
• M.S. External Examiner - University of Zambia, 2001.
• Ph.D. External Examiner - Witwatersrand University, 1999.
• Article reviewer for international journals including Journal of Structural Geology, Precambrian Research, Geological Society of America Bulletin, Journal of African Earth Sciences, Journal of the Geological Society of London, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Geosphere, Lithosphere, and Hydrological Processes.
• Proposal evaluator for NSF, NASA, PRF, and UNESCO.
• Taught short remote sensing courses in Africa (October 1999, Tanzania; September 2000, Guinea; December 2000, Ethiopia; January 2001, Egypt; August 2002, Botswana;
December 2011, Ethiopia).
Back to Faculty Home Page