| ELIOT A. ATEKWANA
Office: 103F Noble Research Center
PhD: 1996 Western Michigan University
• Elected Fellow of the Geological Society of America in 2012
• 2010. Western Michigan University Department of Geosciences Alumni of the year.
• 2008 Sterling L. (Bud) Burks Award for Outstanding Environmental Research.
• Science Direct: TOP 25 articles within the Journal of Contaminant Hydrology - October to December 2005. Atekwana, E.A., Atekwana, E., Legall, F.D., and Krishnamurthy, R.V. Biodegradation and mineral weathering controls on bulk electrical conductivity in a shallow hydrocarbon contaminated aquifer Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, Volume 80, Issue 3-4, 1 November 2005, Pages 149-167.
• Applied Geochemistry-Most requested articles April 2004 - March 2005. Marfia, A.M., Krishnamurthy, R.V., Atekwana, E.A., and Panton, W.F., 2004. Isotopic and geochemical evolution of ground and surface waters in a karst dominated geological setting: a case study from Belize, Central America. Applied Geochemistry, 19 937-946.
• 1 of 24 Interesting papers in other Journals Volume 99-5 EG. Study from Belize, Central America—Marfia, A.M., Krishnamurthy, R.V., Atekwana, E.A., and Panton, W.F., 2004. Isotopic and geochemical evolution of ground and surface waters in a karst dominated geological setting: a case study from Belize, Central America. Applied Geochemistry, 19 937-946. http://segweb.org/EG/papers/InterestingPapers/IPOJ_99-5.pdf.
• Best Paper - Symposium on the Application of Geophysics to Environmental and Engineering Problems, February 22-26 2004, Colorado Springs, CO. Atekwana, E.A., Atekwana, E.A., Legall, F.D., Krishnamurthy, R.V., and Sauck, W.A., 2004, ”Relationship between biodegradation and bulk electrical conductivity”. Paper invited and presented at the European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers-Near Surface Geophysics Joint Annual Meeting – Utrecht, Netherlands – September 6-9 2004.
• University of Missouri-Rolla New Faculty Teaching Scholar (2004-2005)
• Governor of Indiana Environmental Award. Awarded to the Indiana University, Purdue University Indianapolis Center for Earth and Environmental Science. (I was a research faculty at the Center).
• Outstanding Student Papers. Atekwana, E.A. and Krishnamurthy, R.V., 1997. Seasonal variations in the concentrations and stable carbon isotope ratios of dissolved inorganic carbon in a stream-tributary system in SW Michigan. EOS, Transactions, American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting Supplement, 78, (46), p. F226. (http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm97osph.html).
Back to Faculty Home Page