The Geochemistry Lab at the Boone Pickens School of Geology contains the following resources:
- Thermo Finnigan Deltaplus XL isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) interfaced with high temperature conversion elemental analyzer (TC/EA) for measurement of H and O isotopes in water samples.
- IRMS interfaced with a GasBench for measurement of inorganic C isotopes in water samples, C and O isotopes in solid carbonate (calcite and dolomite) samples.
- IRMS interfaced with elemental analyzer (EA) for measurement of C and N isotope in solid samples.
- PerkinElmer Optima™ 2000 DV Inductively Coupled Plasma/Optical Emission Spectrometer (ICP/OES) with ultrasonic nebulizer, dual view optics, and autosampler for analysis of elemental composition in water or solid samples.
- Dionex Reagent-Free™ Ion Chromatography System (IC) (ICS-3000 equipped with an autosampler and configured in the dual IC mode for simultaneous determination of major anion and cations and simultaneous multi-method analyses in aqueous samples.
- Analytical equipment to perform liquid-liquid solvent extractions of water samples, and instrumentation to analyze the organic extract, including a Shimadzu 20A High-Performance Liquid Chromatography system (HPLC), two Perkin Elmer Gas Chromatographs (GC), and a ThermoElectron Aquamate UV-Vis spectrophotometer.