Ph.D. (Earth Sciences) 2014 – Australian National University
B.Sc. with Honours (Geology) 2009 – Australian National University
B.Sc. (Geosciences/Chemistry) 2008 – Monash University, Australia
B.Eng. with Honours (Chemical) 2008 – Monash University, Australia
Igneous Petrology, Geochemistry & Geoscience Education
- GEOL2254: Practical Mineralogy
- GEOL1114: Physical Geology
- GEOL2364: Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- GEOL1013: Exploring Earth: An Introduction to Geology (Lab Coordinator)
- GEOL3546: Field Geology
- GEOL4030: Geologic Field Investigation
- HON1000: Earth Resources Honors (Add-on to GEOL1114)
- GEOL4753: Volcanology (not offered in 2019/20)
- GEOL4673: Economic Geology (not offered in 2019/20)
Honors, Grants and Awards
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2016
- KSW Campbell Award for Outstanding Teaching, Research School of Earth Sciences, Australian National University, 2016.
- Nominee, Australian National University Colleges of Science Early Career Award for Teaching Excellence, 2016.
- 25th International Geologic Congress (IGC) Fund (Australian Academy of Science/Geological Society of Australia) Travel Grant to attend the 35th IGC in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Australian National University Early Career Researcher Travel Grant to attend 35th IGC in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Deep Carbon Observatory Modelling and Visualisation Workshop, Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C. May 2015. Travel Grant.
- Deep Carbon Observatory Summer School, Big Sky, Montana, July 2014. Travel grant.
- Geochemical Society Goldschmidt Travel Grant 2012.
- Australian National University Vice-Chancellor’s HDR Travel Grant 2012.
- Australian National University PhD Scholarship – 2011 to 2013.
- Australian National University Supplementary Scholarship – 2011 to 2013.
Professional Society Membership
- National Association of Geoscience Teachers (since 2016)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Mid-Continent Section – November 2017-2020
- American Geophysical Union (since 2013)
- Geochemical Society (since 2010)
- Geological Society of America (since 2017)
- Manuscript Reviewer, Journal of African Earth Sciences, 2017-18.
- Activity Reviewer, Teach the Earth website (http://serc.carleton.edu/teachearth/index.html), National Association of Geoscience Teachers, 2017, 18.
- Session Chair at the Australian Universities Geoscience Education Network Conference, Canberra, January 2016.
- Participant at the Deep Carbon Observatory Modelling and Visualisation Workshop, Washington, D.C., May 2015.
- Session Co-Convenor for Goldschmidt 2015, Prague, Czech Republic. Session 20F - Mantle-Derived Intraplate Magmas, their Xenolith and Diamond Cargo: Processes, Timescales, and Geodynamic Implications
- Proposal reviewer for the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation/Deep Carbon Observatory.
- Participant at the inaugural Deep Carbon Observatory Summer School, Big Sky, Montana 2014.
Oklahoma State University
- Member, Goldwater Scholarship Selection Committee, Fall 2017.
Boone Pickens School of Geology
- Presenter, School Colloquium, 12/01/2017
- Member, Curriculum Committee, 2017/18
- Member, Assessment Committee, 2017/18
Australian National University
University & College Service
- Member of First Year Science Convenors Committee, Colleges of Science, 2016-17
- Inward Bound 2013 organising committee member – organiser of a major endurance running event, unique to the ANU that has been running for more than 50 years.
Research School of Earth Sciences Service
- Member of the Education Review Committee, 2016-17.
- Development and delivery of induction programs for first year science students, 2016.
- Chair of the Student Forum from April 2011 to September 2012 – represented the graduate student community in discussions with the school administration and academic leadership as well as building up the community.
- Member of the Liaison Committee in the search for a new School Director, 2012.
- Member of the Honours/Masters Discussion Group, 2012.
- Convenor of the Student Colloquium, 2010 - 2011.
- Convenor of the RSES Student Conference, 2010.