* Member, OSU School of Geology Preliminary Exam Committee – Spring 2014-Present
* Chair, OSU School of Geology Graduate Committee – Fall 2013-Present
* Chair, OSU School of Geology Personnel Committee – Fall 2017-Present
* Member, OSU School of Geology Head Search Committee – Fall 2012-Spring 2013
* Member, OSU School of Geology Personnel Committee – Fall 2012-Fall 2016
* Member, Missouri S&T Faculty Senate, 2011 – 2012
* Graduate Coordinator, Missouri S&T Geology and Geophysics Program, 2006 – 2009
* Member, Missouri S&T Faculty Senate, 2006 - 2009
* Member, UT Dallas Academic Senator, 2005 - 2006
* Graduate Advisor, UT Dallas Department of Geosciences, 2005 – 2006
* Coordinator, UT Dallas Graduate Certificate in Remote Sensing, 2002 - 2006
* Co-Director, UT Dallas Remote Sensing Lab, 1998 – 2006
* NSE Panelist, April 2017
* Member, External Review Team, College of Science, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates, April 2017.
* Member, External Review Team, Initial Accreditation, Department of Petroleum Geosciences and Remote Sensing, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, October 2015.
* Member, International Scientific Committee of the 24th Colloquium of African Geology – Fall 2011-Spring 2012.
* Chairman, External Reviewer Panel, Department of Geology, University of Pretoria, South
Africa, June 2011.
* Co-convener, NSF-On the Cutting Edge, Using GIS and Remote Sensing to teach Geoscience in the 21st Century, August 2010
* NSF Panelist, January 2008
* Vice President, International Commission for Earth Sciences in Africa, 2002 - 2005
* Article reviewer for international journals including Journal of Structural Geology,
Precambrian Research, Geological Society of America Bulletin, Journal of African Earth
Sciences, Journal of the Geological Society of London, Photogrammetric Engineering and
Remote Sensing, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Geosphere, Lithosphere,
Gondwana Research, International Geology Review, and Hydrological Processes.
* Proposal evaluator for NSF, NASA, PRF, and UNESCO.
* Taught short remote sensing courses in Africa (October 1999, Tanzania; September 2000,
Guinea; December 2000, Ethiopia; January 2001, Egypt; August 2002, Botswana; December 2011, August 2013, Ethiopia)
* M.S. External Examiner - University of Zambia, 2001.
* Ph.D. External Examiner - Witwatersrand University, 1999