Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Community Engagement Award, Boone Pickens School of Geology (2020)
- Nominee, Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists, Physical Sciences & Engineering (2016)
- Nominee, OSU Sigma Xi Young Investigator Award (2015)
- Nominee, OSU A&S Faculty Council Junior Faculty Award for Scholarly Excellence (2014)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Gamma of Oklahoma Charter Member (2013)
- Sigma Xi (2012)
- IMCS Postdoctoral Fellowship, Rutgers University (2005)
- National Science Foundation Graduate Student Fellowship (1999-2001)
- Joseph Mayer Award for Undergraduate Research in Chemistry, UC San Diego (1999)
- Summer Student Fellow, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (1998)
- David Marc Belkin Research Scholarship, UC San Diego (1998)
- Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma of California Member (1998)
- Summer Research Undergraduate Fellow, Scripps Institution of Oceanography (1997)
- 1. Oklahoma Water Resources Board: Quan, T. M. Chemical characterization of produced water using NMR analysis to identify compound classes. Duration of award: 1/9/20-8/15/20. Total funding: $29,148.
- 2. National Research Consortium: Quan, T. M. Chemical characterization of produced water using NMR analysis to identify compound classes (match for Oklahoma Water Resources Board funding). Duration of award: 1/9/20-8/15/20. Total funding: $29,214.
- 3. USSSP Post-Expedition Activity Program:Quan, T. M. Investigating the nitrogen cycle and paleoenvironmental conditions during Cretaceous Oceanic Anoxic Events and the Middle Eocene Climatic Optimum at Mentelle Basin (Expedition 369). Duration of award: 3/1/18-2/29/20. Total funding: $14,981.
- 4. National Science Foundation GEO OCE-0961914: Quan, T. M. Nitrogen cycle changes across the Cretaceous-Paleogene mass extinction event. Duration of award 7/1/10-6/30/14. Total funding $343,893.
- 5. Newfield Exploration Company; PI: D. Boardman; Co-PIs: J. Pashin, E. Atekwana, J. Puckette, T. M. Quan, M. Grammer. High resolution stratigraphy, paleoceanography, and conodont biostratigraphy of the Mississippian Strata and Devonian Woodford Shale in the Newfield Central Oklahoma coring project. Duration 4/9/14-6/1/16. Total funding: $546,894.00.