Dr. Mary Hileman
Visiting Associate Professor
FULL MEMBER OF THE OSU GRADUATE FACULTY – Fall, 2011 - present
- Ph.D. 1973 University of Michigan
- M.S. 1969 University of Michigan
- B.S. 1967 University of Michigan
Paleoenvironmental analysis of clastic and carbonate depositional systems using outcrop and subsurface data; exploration and production of hydrocarbon reservoirs; structural influence on sediment deposition and on hydrocarbon reservoir integrity.
Certified Petroleum Geologist (Certificate No. 6028)
American Association of Petroleum Geologists – Div. of Prof. Affairs
Petroleum Industry Experience: 13.5 years
- Mid-Continent Exploration Manager, Woods Petroleum, Oklahoma City (1984-1986). Supervised staff of 7 geologists. Responsible for review of geology, well recommendation and risk analysis of all prospects; annual exploration budget of $10 MM. Recommended 15 development wells and completion of two oil and one gas exploration wells. Provided technical testimony before OK Corporation Commission and Texas Railroad Commission for Mid-Continent.
- Senior Staff Exploration Geologist, Anadarko Producing Co., Oklahoma City (1977–1984). Wildcat gas discovery in Penn. sands central OK, plus 3 wildcat and 1 development well completions in Penn. sands in Texas Panhandle. Recommended development recompletion of 30 Panhandle Eastern Field wells for reserves behind pipe.
- Exploration Geologist – Assistant District Geologist, Texaco Inc. Midland, TX (1973-1977). Developed Upper Morrow sand play with multi-well prospects on northern shelf of Delaware Basin, evaluated Ellenburger carbonate deposition and diagenesis, evaluated San Andres formation potential, discovered new oil pay zone. Supervised 8 geologists in NW District and all exploration and development projects in 1977.