The Geochemistry Lab is a departmental facility with interdisciplinary purpose which consists of state-of-the-art instruments, geochemical equipment, and lab facilities. This lab is now overseen by Dr. Tracy Quan, and is staffed by geochemistry lab coordinator, Jonathan Riddle. The lab is capable of analyzing a wide range of samples for a broad range of parameters. In addition to instrumentation and equipment, the Geochemistry Lab provides technical knowledge, student instruction and mentorship, project assistance, and sample analysis for Boone Pickens School of Geology faculty and students, as well as for collaboration with other units at OSU and outside.
We can do the following analysis in this lab:
- H and O isotopes in water samples;
- Inorganic C isotopes in water samples;
- C and O isotopes in solid carbonate (calcite and dolomite) samples;
- C and N isotope in solid samples;
- Major elements concentration (about 1ppm) in water or digest solid samples.
- Major anion (F-, Cl-, NO3-, SO42- and PO43-) and cations (Li+, Na+, K+, Ca2+, Mg2+);