Hello and welcome to the page on the Black Mesa Field Excursion.
This is a one credit course opportunity encompassing a 5 day field trip.
Things you need to know:
- 1ch GEOL Course. Note: We are petitioning for the GenEd N designation.
- Find out until mid-Feb if it was successful.
- 3 days in the field, 2 days traveling to the Oklahoma panhandle.
- Once in the field we will check out recent deformation features in the terrane and rocks (geomorphology), dinosaur fossils and trackways, and hike to the highest point in Oklahoma, Black Mesa to check out the ignesous rocks at the top!
- Tuition and trip costs are $450.
- This will be billed to your Bursar account as soon as you register for the course. Includes all food, van transportation, and lodging.
- We will meet 2x before the trip.
- Either in-person or videoconference
- Complete safety training and background info on Canvas
To register for this course please email Mr. Shane O'Mealey at email@example.com to set up a time to meet to remove registration holds.
For more information check out the links below: